Sabre Information Services, Pte. Ltd (www.sabreinfo.com.sg)
I am currently connected with a software company here in Singapore. My role encompasses the implementation of financial software. The scope of my work includes understanding the client’s business processes and providing consulting work and advises on accounting’s best practices during software implementation. I am currently implementing AccountMate (www.accountmate.com), SAP (www.sap.com) and Microsoft Axapta.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Study the client’s business operations and design a sound process flow using the ERP Software.
· Perform Needs Analysis. Understand the client’s requirements and address the gaps between the business requirements and the ERP software’s capabilities.
· Review the Chart of Accounts and Financial Reports and provide advise on the proper way handling transactions.
· Import Master Records (Inventory, Chart of Accounts, Business Partners) into the ERP Software.
· Import Opening Balances into the ERP Software.
· Conduct software training.
· Assist clients during the User Acceptance Testing Phase.
· Verify ERP settings in the new company database before the client goes “live” on the software.
· Perform system review after the client has gone live on the software.
· Once the client is in the Live phase, the account is handed over to Support. I manage a team of 5 people to do functional and technical support.
· Handle support requests from endusers (remotely, email, phone or onsite).
· Schedule technical engineers when an onsite support service is needed.
· Communicate with ERP Principals, if the support issues need to be escalated.
· Perform software upgrades/updates.
· Keep track of support issues (Open, Closed, Bugs)
· Design Functional Specifications if a customisation of the ERP software is necessary.
· Provide business flow (accounting process) for each customisation.
· Coordinate with the Developer when designing an architecture for the customised project.
· Test the customised work before installing on a client site.
· Create a User Manual.