Project – SAP implementation allNorth America 20+ sites Jan07– May08 (17months)
Industry – Chemical (Various Businesses Novecare, Organics, Eco)
Role : North America ProcessPM for 3 Businesses - 10 sites
Full life cycle implementation of PM module &related business process (IM) at multiple locations from blueprintto go-live and post implementation support.The full cycle involved hands onconfiguration setting, testing, training, cut over and leading team in manyaspects & activities thru expertise & experience.
Earlier Pilot was tried to be implementedwith very limited functionality of some existing SAPmodules, but it was realized that Business solution needed for North Americavarious business in multi-sites are different. So this project Mustang startedtaking new resources on abroad that are acquainted with SAPand North America Business processes needs, mapping for Successful ProjectImplementation in North America
Various Phases ->
· Knowledgetransfer of existing limited functionality by earlier team – which was tried tobe rolled out earlier
· Varioussites interactions model bigger plant & Smaller plant “Design” in first lot
· Globalvalidation of design from Across world
· Customizationof new process, SAP design ,Testing
· Integrationtesting , Acceptance testing
· Masterdata mapping , improvement in existing data ; Training plan creation , Training material review & changessuggested , scheduling & training all users
· Cutover strategy , Go Live planning
Improving & Taking care of various kindsof businesses for North America sites stillmaking sure that existing design for other countries also work. Businessinclude Eco, organic & Novecare.
Daily interaction with Enterprise ProcessOwner, Key User; Weekly meetings in different zones. Periodic interaction withPlant correspondent, maintenance managers, Enterprise leaders, Project manager.Making sure that plant maintenance & related business processes work forimprovements in business Also project methodology activities work for rightgoals.
- Along with smooth starting for Plant maintenance rollout for Main business responsible handled other business to clear their misconception & correct the design
- Highlight SAP functionality required as per site business workshops, Design demo till approval, helping for business case to be approved – use functionality like Plant Section, Location, Refurbishment, bar coding, Warranty etc. Utility process of Equipment construction mgmt., complete order process, overhaul management, refurbishment management.
- Mapping the data from Legacy JDE to SAP ; weekly feedback & review as well as monthly meetings to correct the data design ; various load testing
- Cross module raising the different process improvement steps & making sure that North America process needs taken care
- Facilitating testing , integration testing , Acceptance testing in very critical condition to achieve milestone date
- Achieving all milestones – along with making sure that System & Business process
· UsedProject management Methodologies which work in nature of Business , Client& different teams structure – coordinated a diversified multinational team .Usageof eRoom for documentation & Track it for issue log.
Project –Global Lead SAP QM & PMapplication, implementation SAP QM Aug 06 – Jan07
Industry – Worldwide multinational company having varied industriesof C P Kelco
Role : Global QM, PM Application owner ; implementationwith IBM
Full life cycle implementation of QM moduleat multiple locations from blueprint to go-live and post implementationsupport.The full cycle involved hands on configuration setting, testing,training, cut over and leading team in many aspects & activities thruexpertise & experience.
QM for Material Management : Procurement& Purchasing; Quality Inspection in MM ;Quality notification withcomplaints against vendors; Information system (Rawmaterial , Semifinished ,Finished)
QM in production:Inspection duringproduction, Qulaity inspection for goods receipt from production, Internalquality notification
QM in Sales and distribution: Qualityinspection for delivery & return delivery, Certification creation,Q-notificaiton for customer complaint
Test equipment management. Calibrationmanagement
· ReplacedQM system in LIMS,–Process taken:
· Inspectionof lot generation - Goods receipts from purchase order (Raw material), productionquality, recurring inspection, recode, manual inspection lots; result recording;retesting; usage decisions; waivers; products under analysis (long term resultsrecording); reports given using standard SAPfor UD failure: daily characteristics failure, released lots, 1+ week pending, andspecific characteristics reports.
· Shelflife extension
· Physicalsample handling
· Assistedin Master Data transfer and ensured LIMS & SAPdisconnected after Go Live.
· Achievedzero duplication or double lot generation in two systems, no issues in QM postsin Go-Live.
· Suggestedvalue-adds in QM reporting like
Ø First pass report,
Ø Dailty UD failurereport,
Ø Daily successs lotsreport,
Ø Special Failurereport with special reasons to QM management
Ø Weekly pending reportAs well as helping PM application.
Ø Inspection reportanalysis
Ø UD done report
· PlanningBusiness workshops with stake holder
· Designingprocess in SAP, CRP
· Designingvarious test strategy
· Planning& Executing Training, cutover,master data loads with business
· SmoothGo live & post implementation support
· Automationfor reports for top QM management
· Useof IBM tool Ascendant erp for project management & documentation activities.